January 19, 2015
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
Projects of interest
- Fraser River maintenance – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Area IV Site Preparation – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Portside Blundell Road Improvements Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Habitat enhancement projects at McDonald tidal marsh, Finn Slough and South Arm Jetty tidal marsh
- Richmond Auto Terminal handles automobile manufacturers such as General Motors Daewoo, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota. Richmond Auto Terminal was previously known as Fraser Wharves.
Through our community investment program, we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in Richmond:
- Ducks Unlimited Canada – Sturgeon Bank Sediment Enhancement Pilot Project
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society – Pull of the Net
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society – Welcoming the Sun
- Mamas for Mamas – At-Risk Comprehensive Program
- Richmond Youth Service Agency Society – Youth Works Employment Program
- R.C. Palmer Secondary School – Youth Volunteer Program
- Wild Research Society – Community Outreach on Iona Island