- shoreline managed by the port authority: 23 km
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
- Alliance Grain Terminal
- Canada Place
- Pacific Elevators
- Lantic Inc. (Rogers Sugar)
- West Coast Reduction
Projects of interest
- Centerm Expansion Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Viterra Pacific Elevators – Shipping Upgrade Project (Pac 3 deconstruction project summary)
- Coal Harbour Marina Expansion – Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
- Temporary Construction Staging, Parking & Barge Loading (2115 Commissioner Street) – Kiewit Ledcor TMEP Partnership
- Partial Bight Infill – Columbia Containers Ltd.
- Oil Spill Emergency Response Base Project – Western Canada Marine Response Corporation
Habitat enhancement projects
- New Brighton Park Shoreline Habitat Restoration Project
- Point Grey Tidal Marsh Project
- Gladstone Park Tidal Marsh Project
- Riverfront Park Tidal Marsh Project
Noise monitoring program
Our noise monitoring program helps us to gain a better understanding of the existing noise environment, identify where there might be concerns and track noise trends over the long-term.
The East Vancouver Port Lands Committee consists of representatives from the Burrardview Community Association, City of Vancouver, Canadian Pacific Rail, the port authority, and Viterra. The committee developed the East Vancouver Port Lands Plan to address compatibility issues between industrial and residential land uses in this area between Victoria Drive and the Second Narrows Bridge, as well as the adjacent Burrardview neighbourhood.
The South Shore Community Liaison Committee established in 2019 will be engaging the community on an ongoing basis about port-related activities on the south shore of Burrard Inlet. The committee is advisory in nature. It is comprised of up to 18 people representing community, Indigenous, municipal, and port industry interests.
Through our Community Investment Program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following Vancouver programs:
- Canada Place & Vancouver Fraser Port Authority – Canada Day at Canada Place
- Canada Place & Vancouver Fraser Port Authority – Christmas at Canada Place
- Vancouver Maritime Museum Society – Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Vancouver International Children’s Festival Society – Vancouver International Children’s Festival
- Oceanwise Society – Plastic Wise/Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup
- Vancouver Pride Society – Vancouver Pride Parade and Festival
- Pacific National Exhibition – The Fair at the PNE
- Vancouver Fireworks Festival Society – Honda Celebration of Light
- Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre – Sunrise Summer Kick-off event
- Italian Day Festival Society – Italian Day on the Drive
- Georgia Straight Alliance – Water’s Edge Day
- Britannia Secondary School – Youth Leadership Program
- Asian Canadian Special Events Association – Lunar Fest
- Vancouver Chinatown Business Improvement Association Society – Vancouver Chinatown Festival
- United Way of Canada – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority employee matching campaign
- BCIT student awards
Along with our industry partners, we host an annual port gala supporting capital projects from three non-profit community organizations. The community organization we support in Vancouver is Mission Possible, helping those challenged by homelessness and poverty. Their organization is located in the Downtown Eastside.