North Vancouver (District)
January 25, 2015
- municipal taxes from port tenants in 2018: $6,722,488
- payment in lieu of taxes paid to municipality for vacant port land in 2018: $315,925
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 34.5 km
- parks in port jurisdiction: Maplewood Flats Conservation Area
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
Projects of interest
- North Shore Trade Area
- Neptune Terminal Dust Suppression Upgrade
- Neptune Terminal Coal Handling Expansion Project and Neptune Terminal Phosphate Handling Expansion Project
- Richardson International Grain Storage Capacity Project and Richardson International New Hopper Bin Project
- Cargill Rail Improvement Project and Cargill Noise Mitigation Project
- G3 Grain Terminal
- Univar Canada handles caustic soda solution and ethylene glycol.
- Vancouver Wharves offers services for bulk shippers moving products to and from the Pacific Northwest. It handles bulk mineral concentrates, liquids, fertilizers, specialty agri-products and dry bulk commodities.
- Canexus is a chemical terminal which imports bulk sea salt and exports caustic soda and sodium chlorate, used in the bleaching process of paper products.
- Fibreco offers one of the largest wood chip and wood pellet handling facilities in the world.
- The North Shore Waterfront Liaison Committee includes representatives from local residents, municipalities, industry and the port authority. The committee’s role is to liaise between different groups, share information, and address local port-related issues.
- Sto:lo – Bright New Day Reconciliation Circle
- North Shore Green Markets – Shipyards Friday Night Market
- Presentation House Gallery – Mapping the Spirit Trail
- Reconciliation Canada – Walk for Reconciliation
- Squamish Nation Employment and Training/Eslha7an Learning Centre – Reaching for the Stars – Tsaxwamin Chat Ta Kwu’sen
- North Shore Streamkeepers – Lynn Creek
- Capilano University – Scholarships and Bursaries
- North Vancouver Save Our Shores Society – Save Our Shores Discovery Waterfront Walk
- Tsleil-Waututh Nation – Indian River Watershed Restoration and Maplewood Mudflats Habitat
- North Vancouver Museum and Archives – New port museum exhibit
- North Shore Neighbourhood House – Sharing Gardens Growing Community
- Petroleum products and tanker safety
- Protecting the environment is our mandate
- Shipping and marine mammals
- Managing port noise
- Vessel numbers, now and into the future