North Vancouver (District)
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 34.5 km
- parks within Vancouver Fraser Port Authority jurisdiction: Maplewood Flats Conservation Area
Learn more about the Port of Vancouver’s economic impact.
Projects of interest
- Seaspan Ship Load-out Gravel Bed and Shoreline Protection – Seaspan ULC
- Seaspan Outfitting Pier Extension – Seaspan ULC
- Mountain Highway Underpass Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
Noise monitoring: Our noise monitoring program helps us to gain a better understanding of the existing noise environment, identify where there might be concerns and track noise trends over the long-term.
- Univar Solutions handles caustic soda solution and ethylene glycol.
- Vancouver Wharves offers services for bulk shippers moving products to and from the Pacific Northwest. It handles bulk mineral concentrates, liquids, fertilizers, specialty agri-products and dry bulk commodities.
- Canexus is a chemical terminal which imports bulk sea salt and exports caustic soda and sodium chlorate, used in the bleaching process of paper products.
- Fibreco offers one of the largest wood chip and wood pellet handling facilities in the world.
- The North Shore Waterfront Liaison Committee includes representatives from local residents, municipalities, industry and the port authority. The committee’s role is to liaise between different groups, share information, and address local port-related issues.
Through our community investment program we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in the District of North Vancouver:
- North Shore Streamkeepers – Lynn Creek Estuary Enhancement – Design Phase