North Vancouver (District)
- municipal taxes from port tenants in 2019: $6,894,990
- payment in lieu of taxes paid to municipality for vacant port land in 2019: $302,318
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 34.5 km
- parks in port jurisdiction: Maplewood Flats Conservation Area
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
Projects of interest
- Maplewood Marine Restoration Project – VFPA’s Habitat Enhancement Program
- Noise Mitigation Project – Cargill
- Power System Upgrade Project – Cargill
- Dust Suppression Upgrade – Neptune Bulk Terminals
- Coal Capacity Project – Neptune Bulk Terminals
- Fibreco Terminal Enhancement Project – Firbreco Export Inc.
- New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate – Western Stevedoring
- G3 Terminal Project – G3 Global Holdings Limited
Noise monitoring: Our noise monitoring program helps us to gain a better understanding of the existing noise environment, identify where there might be concerns and track noise trends over the long-term.
- Univar Canada handles caustic soda solution and ethylene glycol.
- Vancouver Wharves offers services for bulk shippers moving products to and from the Pacific Northwest. It handles bulk mineral concentrates, liquids, fertilizers, specialty agri-products and dry bulk commodities.
- Canexus is a chemical terminal which imports bulk sea salt and exports caustic soda and sodium chlorate, used in the bleaching process of paper products.
- Fibreco offers one of the largest wood chip and wood pellet handling facilities in the world.
- The North Shore Waterfront Liaison Committee includes representatives from local residents, municipalities, industry and the port authority. The committee’s role is to liaise between different groups, share information, and address local port-related issues.
- North Shore Streamkeepers – Marine boulder habitat enhancement of Lynn Creek Estuary
- North Vancouver Save our Shores Society – Save our Shores Discovery Waterfront Walk
- Capilano University Foundation – Scholarship Endowment (International Business and Logistics)
- Petroleum products and tanker safety
- Protecting the environment is our mandate
- Shipping and marine mammals
- Managing port noise
- Vessel numbers, now and into the future