January 20, 2015
- port jobs: 700
- wages: $50 million
- GDP generated: $80 million
- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2016: $1,536,167
- payment in lieu of taxes paid by port authority in 2016: $28,673
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 17.5 km
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
Projects of interest
- Imperial Oil Company Pipeline Removal Project
- Pacific Coast Terminals Dredging Project
- Pacific Coast Terminals Potash Handling Facility
- Pacific Coast Terminals Canola Handling Facility
- Pacific Coast Terminals Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Port Moody Designated Anchorage Area
- IOCO is a petroleum terminal which handles heavy fuel oil, intermediate fuel oil, and marine gas oil.
- Pacific Coast Terminals is the world’s largest and most automated export sulphur and bulk liquids marine terminal. It handles sulphur and ethylene glycol.
- Burrard Products Terminal handles petroleum products. Suncor, the operator, is one of the largest integrated oil and gas companies in Canada.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following Port Moody programs in 2014:
- Port Moody Ecological Society – Fingerling Festival
- Port Moody Public Library – 14th Annual Links to Literary Tournament
- Port Moody Secondary School – Scholarship Program
- Mossum Creek Hatchery