North Vancouver (City)
- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2018: $5,629,063
- payment in lieu of taxes paid to municipality for vacant port land in 2018: $77,858
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 7 km
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
- Neptune is North America’s largest multi-product bulk terminal. It handles metallurgical (steel-making) coal, potash, and imported phosphate rock.
- Lynnterm serves as a consolidation centre for forest products, steel and breakbulk in the Pacific Northwest. It handles wood pulp and paper, lumber, panel products, logs, steel products, project cargo and machinery.
- Cargill is a grain terminal handling wheat, durum, canola, barley and grain by-products.
- Richardson International is a major exporter of canola and cereal grains to trading economies along the Pacific Rim. It handles wheat, canola, barley, rye, flax, grain and feed products
Projects of interest
- Noise Mitigation Project – Cargill
- Power System Upgrade Project – Cargill
- Dust Suppression Upgrade – Neptune Bulk Terminals
- Coal Capacity Project – Neptune Bulk Terminals
- Fibreco Terminal Enhancement Project – Firbreco Export Inc.
- New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate – Western Stevedoring
- G3 Terminal Project – G3 Global Holdings Limited
Noise monitoring: Our noise monitoring program helps us to gain a better understanding of the existing noise environment, identify where there might be concerns and track noise trends over the long-term.
The North Shore Waterfront Liaison Committee includes representatives from local residents, municipalities, industry and the port authority. The committee’s role is to liaise between different groups, share information, and address local port-related issues.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following North Shore community programs:
- Burrard Inlet Marine Enhancement Society – Mossom Creek Hatchery and Education Centre
- North Shore Green Markets Society – Shipyards Night Market
- North Vancouver Save Our Shores Society – Save Our Shores Discovery Waterfront Walk
- Tsleil-Waututh Nation – Environmental Monitoring
- Tsleil-Waututh Nation – Maplewood Mudflats Habitat
- City of North Vancouver & The Lower Lonsdale Shipyards District – SHIPPED Waterfront Festival
- Rotary Club of Lions Gate – Canada Day Celebration
- Carson Graham Secondary School – Youth Leadership Program