- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2018: $7,775,019
- payment in lieu of taxes paid to municipality for vacant port land in 2018: $938,382
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for the community to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office is open to the public and hosts a variety of free events such as bus tours and a speaker series, aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. The Speaker Series has included guest speakers who have presented on topics such as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports.
The office also hosts meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Join us on The Container Trail to see firsthand how Delta is a gateway to Canada’s trade with the world. From a busy container depot to huge logistics warehouses to Canada’s largest container terminal, you’ll see the sights and sounds of global trade in action. Tour length: 2 hours
Please subscribe to the Delta community office newsletter to receive notification of future tours.
Community office address
Projects of interest
- Deltaport Terminal, Road and Rail Improvement Project
- Global Container Terminal – Intermodal Yard Configuration Project
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in Delta:
- City of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- Ladner May Days
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Delta Secondary School Student Leadership Program
- Reach Child and Youth Development Society – Reach for the Stars Gala
- City of Delta Luminary Festival
- Tour de Delta
- Delta Farmers Institute – Fraser River Salinity Monitoring
- Medium Well Production – Project Pickle