- port jobs: 4,800
- wages: $300 million
- GDP generated: $510 million
- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2016: $6,162,816
- payment in lieu of taxes paid by port authority in 2016: $803,110
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for community members to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office features a mini-visitor centre and hosts a variety of free events such as its Speaker Series, aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. To date, the Speaker Series has included such topics as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports.
The office also regularly hosts meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Every year, Metro Vancouver presents an air quality update to Delta mayor and council. Join us on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 for a similar presentation to learn about air quality in Delta, including how it’s measured and how it compares to other local cities. Plus you’ll hear how the port authority is reducing air emissions related to port activities.
Guest speakers: Ken Reid, Superintendent, Environmental Sampling and Monitoring, Air Quality and Climate Change, Metro Vancouver and Christine Rigby, Environmental Specialist – Air Emissions, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. Choose from two sessions: 4 p.m. or 7 p.m.
SOLD OUT | Click here to join the waitlist.
Ever wonder what life is like for a seafarer? Join us on Wednesday, May 23, 2018 for a presentation by Deacon Dileep Athaide, the Catholic Chaplaincy Coordinator for the Port of Vancouver. Deacon Dileep will talk about life at sea and how port chaplains, along with staff and volunteers at the Roberts Bank Seafarers’ Centre, care for seafarers while they are in port. Choose from two sessions: 4 p.m. or 7 p.m.
FREE | Click here to register.
New for 2018
Guests who attend three or more events before June 30, 2018 will be eligible to attend a special event organized and hosted by the community office. Come to one of our upcoming events to get your passport and start collecting stamps.
Community office address
Projects of interest
- Deltaport Terminal, Road and Rail Improvement Project
- Global Container Terminal – Intermodal Yard Configuration Project
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following Delta programs:
- Corporation of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- Annual Ladner Pioneer May Days
- South Delta Minor Hockey Association – Delta’s Hockey Day in Canada
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Delta Secondary School Student Leadership Program
- Reach Child and Youth Development Society – Reach for the Stars Gala
- City of Delta Luminary Festival
- Tour de Delta
- Delta Farmers Institute – Fraser River Salinity Monitoring
- Medium Well Production – Project Pickle