- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2017: $7,940,505
- payment in lieu of taxes paid to municipality for vacant port land in 2017: $794,482
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for community members to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office features a mini-visitor centre and hosts a variety of free events such as its Speaker Series, aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. To date, the Speaker Series has included such topics as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports.
The office also regularly hosts meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Come experience one of Delta’s busiest container depots. Witness firsthand how containers are tracked, stacked, repaired and prepped as they await their cargo and next ocean journey. Plus, you’ll visit Seaspan’s commercial ferry terminal, a vital transportation link to and from Vancouver Island. Choose from two dates:
SOLD OUT | Click here to join the waitlist.
Led by City of Delta staff, this guided walking tour uncovers the hidden history of Port Guichon and Ladner’s Landing. Families and dogs are welcome as we get off the beaten path and learn about the people who shaped the Ladner of today.
Choose from two dates:
Note: the tour begins and ends at Ladner Wharf (5000 Elliott Street, Delta).
FREE | Click here to register.
The port authority has been creating, restoring and enhancing habitats throughout the Lower Mainland for over 20 years. Come and meet Charlotte Olson, Manager, Infrastructure Habitat Development to hear how the Habitat Enhancement Program helps to maintain a balance between a healthy environment and future port development. Choose from two sessions: 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 23.
FREE | Click here to register.
Join us on the Container Trail to see firsthand how Delta is a gateway to Canada’s trade with the world. From a busy container depot to huge logistics warehouses to Canada’s largest container terminal, you’ll see the sights and sounds of global trade in action.
More dates to come in the fall. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when registration opens.
Community office address
Projects of interest
- Deltaport Terminal, Road and Rail Improvement Project
- Global Container Terminal – Intermodal Yard Configuration Project
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following Delta programs:
- Corporation of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- Annual Ladner Pioneer May Days
- South Delta Minor Hockey Association – Delta’s Hockey Day in Canada
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Delta Secondary School Student Leadership Program
- Reach Child and Youth Development Society – Reach for the Stars Gala
- City of Delta Luminary Festival
- Tour de Delta
- Delta Farmers Institute – Fraser River Salinity Monitoring
- Medium Well Production – Project Pickle