- port jobs: 4,800
- wages: $300 million
- GDP generated: $510 million
- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2016: $6,162,816
- payment in lieu of taxes paid by port authority in 2016: $803,110
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
New for 2018 – Guests who attend three or more events before June 30, 2018 will be eligible to attend a special event organized and hosted by the community office. Come to one of our upcoming events to get your passport and start collecting stamps.
Join us on Wednesday, January 24 for a free presentation by Andrea MacLeod, Manager, Environmental Programs with the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
To celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, Andrea set out to identify 150 bird species on port land and water. Come to find out what happened and listen as she recounts her adventure. Two presentations: 4 p.m. or 7 p.m.
SOLD OUT | Click here to join the waitlist.
Drop in throughout the month of February to catch a free screening of the film Sonic Sea, a documentary about the impact of industrial and military ocean noise on whales and other marine life.
Drop in showtimes (no registration necessary):
Length of film: 60 minutes
The community office will also be hosting a family screening of Sonic Sea on Friday, February 23, which is a Pro-D day in Delta. Choose from two screenings: 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. Click here to register.
Join us on Wednesday, February 21 for a free presentation on the Enhancing Cetacean Habitat and Observation (ECHO) Program. Krista Trounce, ECHO Program project manager, will talk about key threats to whales in our region, why underwater noise is a priority focus and what the program’s research says about possible solutions. Two presentations: 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. Click here to register.
About the office
The Port of Vancouver community office in Ladner provides an opportunity for community members to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office features a mini-visitor centre and hosts a variety of community events and meetings, such as the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Hours of operation
|For more information, please contact us at 604.665.9635.|
Projects of interest
- Deltaport Terminal, Road and Rail Improvement Project
- Global Container Terminal – Intermodal Yard Configuration Project
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following Delta programs in 2015:
- Corporation of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- 119th Annual Ladner Pioneer May Days
- South Delta Minor Hockey Association – Delta’s Hockey Day in Canada
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Delta Secondary School Student Leadership Program
- Reach Child and Youth Development Society – Reach for the Stars Gala