The Container Trail
Join us on the Container Trail to see firsthand how Delta is a gateway to Canada’s trade with the world. From a busy container depot to huge logistics warehouses to Canada’s largest deep-sea container terminal, you’ll see the sights and hear the sounds of global trade in action. This tour is free and is designed for people ages 10 and older. For upcoming dates, tour details and to register, click here.
New tour dates and times:
June 9, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
June 16, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
June 17, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tours will be scheduled throughout the summer.
To register for a tour, click here.
Port Adventure Family Tour
Join us on this free tour designed for families with children under 10. The first part of this tour drives by historic sites of Port Guichon, a ferry landing on the Fraser River. Then we travel to Roberts Bank to show you modern day port operations. Truck, trains, ships and more! For upcoming dates, tour details and to register, click here.
July 6, 2023, 11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
July 7, 2023, 11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Registration opens June 14, 2023
Port Adventure Family Day
Join us at the Delta Community Office for a Port Adventure Family Day where you will learn all about the Port of Vancouver. We will have games, snacks, door prizes, lots of cool swag, and more. Our mascot, Salty, will be here for photos and high fives!
Port Adventure Family Day also features Port Adventure Family Tours during the day.
Stay tuned for more details.
Sign up for our newsletter and you’ll be the first to know about our upcoming events. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Subscribe to the Delta Community Office newsletter here.
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office is open to the public.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for the community to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office hosts a variety of free events such as bus tours and a speaker series aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. The Speaker Series includes guest speakers who have presented on topics such as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports. Subscribe to the Delta community office newsletter to be the first to know about upcoming events.
The office also hosts meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Community office address
5223 Ladner Trunk Road, Delta, BC V4K 1W4
Located in Trenant Park Square, Ladner [map]
Community office hours
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Closures: The Delta Community Office will be closed on Saturday, July 1, 2023.
Projects of interest
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project– Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Pile Installation and Reconfiguration – Ledcor
- Annacis Auto Terminal Optimization – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Fraser Surrey Port Lands Transportation Improvements Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- South Causeway Eelgrass Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Westham Island Canoe Pass Tidal Marsh Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Tilbury Island Peninsula Enhancement Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Deltaport is Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Annacis Auto Terminal is located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions (WWS) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- The Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation, Musqueam First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in Delta:
- BC Guide Dogs Services – Autism Guide Dog Program
- Burns Bog Conservation Society – Cougar Creek Riparian Restoration
- City of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- City of Delta – Luminary Festival
- Delta School District – The Giving Tree
- Ladner Business Association’s Christmas Tree Festival
- Ladner Pioneer May Days
- North Delta Rotary Charitable Foundation – Starfish Pack Program
- Raincoast Conservation Foundation – Healthy Waters
- Raincoast Conservation Foundation – Salish Sea Emerging Stewards Program
- Tsawwassen Boundary Bay Lions Club – Canada Day Picnic
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival