- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
Events at the Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office
Sign up for our newsletter and you’ll be the first to know about our upcoming events.
May office closures
Please note the Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office will be closed:
- Saturday, May 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for the North Delta invasive species plant pull (see info below)
- Saturday, May 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for our Tilbury Island shoreline cleanup (see info below)
City of Delta invasive species plant pulls
Join Tanya and Sarah at an upcoming invasive species plant pull, organized by the City of Delta in collaboration with the Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver. We’ll be targeting English ivy (Hedera helix).
At these family-friendly outdoor events, City staff will provide instruction and guidance on invasive plant identification and removal – no experience needed. Volunteers will then work together to remove the problem plants within each park. Tools will be provided, just bring work/gardening gloves. Rain or shine.
Dates and locations:
- Saturday, April 9 at Ladner Harbour Park
- Saturday, April 23 at Pebble Hill Park, Tsawwassen
- Saturday, May 14 at North Delta Community Park
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Email [email protected] to register.
Prizes will be given to those who attend multiple events!
Join us for our second cleanup at this location to remove garbage and debris that has accumulated on the shoreline along the peninsula in Tilbury Island Industrial Park. It’s a great way to spend a morning outdoors with people who want to make a difference. Rain or shine.
Date and time:
- Saturday, May 28 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Click here to register.
Please note the Delta Community Office will be temporarily closed during these community events.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office is open to the public; all COVID-19 protocols apply.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for the community to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
Prior to COVID-19, the office hosted a variety of free events such as bus tours and a speaker series aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. The Speaker Series included guest speakers who have presented on topics such as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports. Subscribe to the Delta community office newsletter to be the first to know about upcoming events.
Prior to COVID-19, the office also hosted meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Community office address
5223 Ladner Trunk Road, Delta, BC V4K 1W4
Located in Trenant Park Square, Ladner [map]
Community office hours
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please note COVID-19 protocols apply; the office may close without notice to comply with provincial health orders.
Email: [email protected]
Projects of interest
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- South Causeway Eelgrass Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- New Potash Export Project – Westshore Terminals
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Intermodal Yard Reconfiguration Project – Global Container Terminals
- Berth 2 Mooring Dolphin Upgrades – Westshore Terminals
- Equipment Replacement and Upgrade Project – Westshore Terminals
- Annacis Island Wastewater Treatment Plant New Outfall System – Metro Vancouver
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions (WWS) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions (WWS) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation, Musqueam First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in Delta:
- City of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- City of Delta – Luminary Festival
- City of Delta – Ladner Pioneer May Days
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- North Delta Rotary Charitable Foundation – The Starfish Pack Program
- Tsawwassen Boundary Bay Lions Club – Canada Day Picnic
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival Committee – Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Delta Secondary School – Youth Leadership Program