- port jobs: 4,800
- wages: $300 million
- GDP generated: $510 million
- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2016: $6,162,816
- payment in lieu of taxes paid by port authority in 2016: $803,110
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
On B.C.’s Waterfront
Join us on Wednesday, October 18 at 7 p.m. for a free presentation by John Beckett, Vice President, Training, Safety and Recruitment, B.C. Maritime Employers Association.
Learn about waterfront jobs, roles and skills ratings; the import/export supply chain; and how the waterfront contributes to the local and global economy. Note: This is not a career fair.
Join us on Thursday, November 2 for a free presentation by Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff members Carol Macfarlane, Senior Project Management Advisor, and Gary Olszewski, Environmental Specialist. They will talk about the current installation of shore power at Deltaport and Centerm container terminals, how shore power works and how it reduces emissions and noise. Two presentations: 4 p.m. or 7 p.m.
About the office
The Port of Vancouver community office in Delta provides an opportunity for community members to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives, and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office features a mini-visitor centre and plays host to a variety of community-focused events and meetings, such as the Port Community Liaison Committee’s regular meetings.
Hours of operation
|For more information, please contact us at 604.665.9635.|
Projects of interest
- Deltaport Terminal, Road and Rail Improvement Project
- Global Container Terminal – Intermodal Yard Configuration Project
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from the Corporation of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation, industry, the Port of Vancouver, and community interests from Ladner, Delta and Tsawwassen.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following Delta programs in 2015:
- Corporation of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- 119th Annual Ladner Pioneer May Days
- South Delta Minor Hockey Association – Delta’s Hockey Day in Canada
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Delta Secondary School Student Leadership Program
- Reach Child and Youth Development Society – Reach for the Stars Gala