Want to join an organization that plays a critical role in Canada’s economy and is doing outstanding work to create the world’s most sustainable port?
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is responsible for the stewardship of the Port of Vancouver, Canada’s largest and most diversified port. Our mandate as a Canada Port Authority, as set out by the Canada Marine Act, is to enable Canada’s trade objectives, ensuring goods are moved safely and responsibly through the Port of Vancouver while responding to local needs and priorities and protecting the environment. We value collaboration, continuous improvement, accountability, and customer responsiveness.
At the port authority, we are passionate about the work we do and what it contributes to our local communities, the region, and our country. We build and maintain infrastructure, ensure the efficient and reliable movement of marine traffic and cargo within the port, and review proposed activities and developments on federal port lands and waters to ensure the environment is protected. We also own and operate Canada Place at the Port of Vancouver. These are responsibilities we take very seriously.
Be a part of a team that is working to deliver economic prosperity through trade, maintain a healthy environment, and enable thriving communities for the future generations of Canadians. Bring your unique strengths, perspectives, and experiences to the port authority and join us in charting a course toward a sustainable future.
What can the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority offer you?
- Interesting, diverse, and challenging work that has a direct impact on the well-being of Canadians
- Talented people dedicated to sustainability and continuous improvement
- Modern office space in the heart of downtown Vancouver with a beautiful port city setting
- Competitive salaries and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including extended health and dental coverage, annual vacation leave, RRSP matching program and personal care days
- Additional employee perks such an optional earned time-off program that allows employees to work extra time and accrue it for future use, offering scheduling flexibility and work-life balance
Our commitment to diversity and employment equity
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.
We encourage any applicant who requires accommodation with respect to the application or interview process to contact our Human Resources team at [email protected].
Learn more about working on the waterfront
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is responsible for the stewardship of the Port of Vancouver, not the operation of port terminals.
For information about longshore opportunities, contact the British Columbia Maritime Employers Association. For information on other jobs at port terminals and other businesses, contact the operator.
For more information on goods movement in western Canada, contact Western Transportation Advisory Council (WESTAC)