January 16, 2015
- port jobs: 290
- wages: $20 million
- GDP generated: $30 million
- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2016: $187,705
- payment in lieu of taxes paid by port authority in 2016: $5,380
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 4 km
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
- The North Shore Waterfront Liaison Committee includes representatives from local residents, municipalities, industry and the port authority. The committee’s role is to liaise between different groups, share information, and address local port-related issues.
Through our community investment program, we support community projects throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following West Vancouver programs in 2015:
- Sto:lo – Bright New Day Reconciliation Circle
- Reconciliation Canada – A New Way Forward Society – Creating a New Way Forward: Reflections on TRC’s Final Report and Recommendations
- Squamish Nation Employment and Training/Eslha7an Learning Centre – Reaching for the Stars – Tsaxwamin Chat Ta Kwu’sen
- North Vancouver School District 44 and West Vancouver School District – The Hidden Journals School Book Donation Project