Fraser River Pile & Dredge | New West Works Yard – Pile Installations

March 17, 2023

Project status
Permit issued

On June 7, 2023, a project permit was issued to Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. (the permit holder) to repair one batter pile and install five 864-millimetre (34-inch) diameter steel pipe piles at its New Westminster works yard located at the foot of 20 Street and River Road, in New Westminster, British Columbia on federal lands and waters managed by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.

The project was approved subject to 36 permit conditions the permit holder must meet to ensure the project does not result in significant adverse environmental effects. Please see the Impact Assessment Act Registry for the Notice of Intent and Notice of Decision.

About the project

Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. proposes to repair one batter pile and install five (5) 864-millimetre (34-inch) diameter steel pipe piles at its New Westminster works yard located at the foot of 20 Street and River Road. The steel piles will be installed along the line of existing dolphins downstream at FRPD’s pile-supported dock to provide better protection to the dock and to prevent equipment (i.e., barges and derricks) damage. The piles will be installed using a vibratory hammer, and an impact hammer, if required. Works will be completed with a marine spud derrick or land-based crawler crane. The work is expected to be completed within one week and is planned to be conducted in the spring or summer of 2023. 

Contact information

For questions regarding the Project and Environmental Review of the proposed project, or to get in touch with our team, please contact us by email or phone at 604.665.9047.

Please note, when receiving public feedback as part of the PER process, the port authority may collect your personal information, i.e., your name, contact information and personal views and opinions, to inform the PER process for a proposed project. Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties, such as our tenants, in order for them to respond directly to you or help inform our response. You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner office here.