Background checks through the Marine Transportation Security Clearance program are conducted on marine workers with certain duties and access to certain restricted areas.
Clearance is required to reduce the risk of security threats caused by unlawful interference with the marine transportation system.
Applying for Marine Transportation Security Clearance
The requirements for Marine Transportation Security Clearance are set out in Transport Canada’s Marine Transportation Security Regulations. For more information, contact your terminal management or employer.
Steps to apply
- You must have a valid Port Pass before applying for Marine Transportation Security Clearance.
- Complete and print the Marine Transportation Security Clearance online application form.
- Have Part A (Requesting Authority) completed by the registered signing authority for your workplace. All fields must be completed in full (including the employee’s occupation and company/employer) Forms that are missing authorized signatures will not be accepted. Leave Part B (Enrolment Official) blank. It will be completed by the Marine Transportation Security Clearance Office.
- Schedule an appointment with the Marine Transportation Security Clearance Enrolment Office located at the Cruise Ship Level of Canada Place, 999 Canada Place. The office is open Monday to Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (excluding weekends and statutory holidays).
- Print and bring your completed application form and original identification pieces to your appointment.
- For further questions, please contact the Marine Transportation Security Clearance Enrolment Office by calling 604.665.9661 or email mailto:[email protected].
|One (1) of the following:||
If born in Canada: Birth Certificate (Quebec Birth Certificates must be issued after January 1, 1994).
If born outside of Canada (current status): Landed Immigrant or Permanent Residence or Citizen document
Passport (if applicable, valid or expired).
Valid Government Picture ID: Driver’s License or British Columbia Identification (BCID)