Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders,
Restoration work continues on rail and road infrastructure to re-established key connections between the B.C. interior and the West Coast. Increased precipitation across southwestern B.C. is forecast for the remainder of this week and over the weekend.
Rail operations: Four trains transited across CP’s mainline between Vancouver and Kamloops yesterday. Additional CP and CN trains will transit today. All trains are operating in accordance with low-speed restrictions to enable monitoring of rail infrastructure in recently repaired areas. Intermittent closures to address repairs and ensure safe operations may occur. CN anticipates the opening of their mainline on Thursday, November 25.
Port of Vancouver rail production (November 24):
- Grain unloads: 23
- Container terminal rail production: 0 ft
- Container import on-dock footage: 332,834 ft
Truck operations: Truck operations at all four container terminals remain steady. Reconstruction and repairs continue on major roadways across the region, with some highway routes restored including detours, intermittent closures and essential traffic-only restrictions.
Port of Vancouver truck activity (November 24):
- Container truck reservations: 1,434
Marine operations: Anchorage demand is steady and remains high across all vessel types. Anchorages are assigned in a manner that ensures fluidity across all ship types and maintains essential services. Vessels in port can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port”.
Port of Vancouver anchorage occupation (November 24):
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (English Bay, inner habour, Indian Arm): 59%
- Southern Gulf Islands: 63%
The provincial state of emergency declared by the British Columbia Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General remains in place. The state of emergency effective November 17, 2021 applies to the entire province of B.C. for an initial 14-day period and may be extended or rescinded as conditions require.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed on any new developments as they arise.
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary: Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port authority’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, and gateway vessel on-time performance through the port authority’s website (Performance Metrics).
- Port operations updates: Operations Updates
- State of Emergency Declaration: State of Emergency Declaration (issued November 17, 2021)
Please feel free to forward this update within your organization.
Thank you for your continued support of the Port of Vancouver.