Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders,
CP and CN rail lines from Kamloops to Vancouver are in service and continue to operate under Ministerial Order 21-06 (MO 21-06) requirements. Rail performance is steadily improving, however a full recovery to normal operations and traffic volumes will take a number of weeks as railways operate between 50-80% of typical rail service levels in affected areas. Temperatures are forecasted to be in the high 30s across southern B.C. by the end of the week, contributing to hot and dry conditions and keeping the risk of wildfire high. A number of heat warnings have been issued.
On-dock container cargo remains high across all port container terminals. Processed railcar volumes to-and-from the coast remain lower than average, but consistent.
Bulk commodities continue to see consistent with near-normal deliveries by rail.
Available capacity across all anchorage types is over 50%. Container vessel anchorages remain high with five vessels currently at anchor and four at berth. Vessels in port (at berth and at anchor) can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port.”
The provincial state of emergency issued by the B.C. Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General is in effect through to August 17, 2021, to support the ongoing coordinated response to the wildfire situation and ensure public safety.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide weekly updates every Wednesday or on an-as needed basis.
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary:Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, and gateway vessel on-time performance through the port’s website (Performance Metrics).
- Port operations updates: Operations Updates
- Ministerial Order 21-06 (MO 21-06): Ministerial Order MO 21-06 (issued July 11, 2021)
- BC Wildfire Dashboard: BC Wildfire Dashboard
Please feel free to forward this update within your organization.
Thank you for your continued support of the Port of Vancouver.