Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders:
Last night, August 4, the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Canada ratified the negotiated tentative agreement with the British Columbia Maritime Employers Association (BCMEA) with 74.66% of the members voting in favour. The BCMEA ratified the agreement on July 31. The four-year agreement will be in effect until 2027.
Marine operations: The port authority continues to manage vessel arrivals and anchorage assignments to maintain port fluidity, ensure the safe movement of vessels and manage anchorage capacity for terminals.
Port of Vancouver anchorage occupation (August 5, 2023 – 0600 am PST):
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (English Bay, inner habour, Indian Arm): 41%
- Southern Gulf Islands: 50%
Vessels in port can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port” via the port authority’s mobile app. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”).
- Information Bulletins: Operations Updates
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary: Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port authority’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, gateway vessel on-time performance, and container vessels at anchor/berth through the port authority’s website (Performance Metrics).