Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders:
Voting by International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Canada membership on the tentative agreement with the British Columbia Maritime Employers Association (BCMEA) will complete today, Friday, August 4 at 1800. Voting results are expected to be released over the weekend. Regular operations continue while voting takes place.
As of August 4, six container vessels are at berth, two are at anchor, and two are awaiting entry into the port’ authority’s jurisdiction. For the Container Vessel Line-Up Report that includes vessels at anchor and dwelling outside of port authority jurisdiction, please visit our port dashboard here.
Marine operations: The port authority continues to manage vessel arrivals and anchorage assignments to maintain port fluidity, ensure the safe movement of vessels and manage anchorage capacity for terminals.
Port of Vancouver anchorage occupation (August 4, 2023 – 0600 am PST):
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (English Bay, inner habour, Indian Arm): 37%
- Southern Gulf Islands: 60%
Vessels in port can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port” via the port authority’s mobile app. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”).
Port of Vancouver rail production (Aug 4):
- Container terminal rail production:
- Aug 4 = 56,338 ft
- Aug 3 = 23,095 ft
- Aug 2 = 56,842 ft
- Aug 1 = 68,382 ft
- Jul 31 = 51,352 ft
- Jul 30 = 50,841 ft
- Jul 29 = 59,244 ft
- Container import on-dock footage: 415,518 ft
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed of new developments as they arise.
- Information Bulletins: Operations Updates
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary: Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port authority’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, gateway vessel on-time performance, and container vessels at anchor/berth through the port authority’s website (Performance Metrics).