Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders:
The International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) Canada rejected the tentative agreement reached July 13, 2023. Strike action resumed as of 16:30 PST, July 18.
Cruise vessels continue to be serviced.
Grain vessels continue to be serviced.
Centerm, Deltaport, Fraser Surrey, and Vanterm container terminals are currently impacted by labour action. As of July 18, seven container vessels are at berth and nine are awaiting entry into the port’s jurisdiction. For the Container Vessel Line-Up Report that includes vessels at anchor and dwelling outside of port authority jurisdiction, please visit our port dashboard here.
Marine operations: The port authority continues to manage vessel arrivals and anchorage assignments to maintain port fluidity, ensure the safe movement of vessels and manage anchorage capacity for terminals not affected by strike activity.
Port of Vancouver anchorage occupation (July 18, 2023 – 0600 am PST):
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (English Bay, inner habour, Indian Arm): 52%
- Southern Gulf Islands: 43%
Vessels in port can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port” via the port authority’s mobile app. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”).
Rail operations: Please contact your railway directly for specific details regarding embargoed cargo, empties and destinations.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed of new developments as they arise.
- Information Bulletins: Operations Updates
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary: Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port authority’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, gateway vessel on-time performance, and container vessels at anchor/berth through the port authority’s website (Performance Metrics).