Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders,
We have reduced the daily operations updates to three times per week (Mon, Wed, Fri). The updates will continue to include port production metrics for key reporting sectors. Once recovery production volumes stabilize, operations updates will only be sent on an as-needed basis.
Port of Vancouver rail production (December 17):
- Grain unloads: 708
- Container terminal rail production (last seven days):
- Dec 17 = 49,433 ft
- Dec 16 = 45,480 ft
- Dec 15 = 52,998 ft
- Dec 14 = 53,561 ft
- Dec 13 = 45,164 ft
- Dec 12 = 44,010 ft
- Dec 11 = 40,975 ft
- Container import on-dock footage: 372,553 ft
Port of Vancouver truck activity (December 17):
- Container truck reservations: 2,067
Marine operations: Demand for anchorages remains high. Anchorages are assigned in a manner that ensures fluidity across all ship types and maintains essential services. Vessels in port can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port”.
Port of Vancouver anchorage occupation (December 17):
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (English Bay, inner habour, Indian Arm): 74%
- Southern Gulf Islands: 59%
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary: Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port authority’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, and gateway vessel on-time performance through the port authority’s website (Performance Metrics).
- Port operations updates: Operations Updates
- State of Emergency Declaration: State of Emergency Declaration (issued November 17, 2021)
- State of Emergency Extension: State of Emergency Extension (issued November 20, 2021)
- Government of Canada storage project news release: Supply Chain Container Storage Project
Please feel free to forward this update within your organization.
Thank you for your continued support of the Port of Vancouver.