Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders,
CP’s rail line between Kamloops and Revelstoke remains unaffected by wildfires burning in the vicinity. Evacuation alerts and orders for surrounding communities remain in place as fire prevention measures are undertaken in the area.
CN and CP mainlines through the B.C. interior are operational with processed railcar volumes to/from the coast remaining consistent. Hot, dry and windy conditions are expected to persist throughout central and southern B.C. keeping the risk of wildfires high. The evolving fire situation may result in temporary stoppages to rail operations. Railways continue to operate under Ministerial Order (MO) 21-06 requirements, which include targeted speed restrictions, increased equipment inspections, and fire prevention measures.
The provincial state of emergency declared by the British Columbia Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General remains in place. The state of emergency effective July 21, 2021 applies to the entire province of B.C. for an initial 14-day period and may be extended or rescinded as conditions require. The state of emergency enables federal, provincial and local governments to allocate resources and deliver a coordinated response to protect the public.
All anchorage class assignments are experiencing heightened demand. Vessels in port (at berth and at anchor) can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port”.
We continue to monitor the situation providing operational updates three days a week or on an as-needed basis.
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary:Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Mon-Fri)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, and gateway vessel on-time performance through the port’s website (Performance Metrics).
- Port operations updates: Operations Updates
- Ministerial Order 21-06 (MO 21-06): Ministerial Order MO 21-06 (issued July 11, 2021)
- BC Wildfire Dashboard: BC Wildfire Dashboard
Please feel free to forward this update within your organization.
Thank you for your continued support of the Port of Vancouver.