Notice of amendment: Port Information Guide
Please be advised that the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority has issued a notice of amendment, dated November 24, 2021, to inform members of the public, industry, and other stakeholders of proposed updates to our Port Information Guide.
Our Port Information Guide outlines practices and procedures applicable to all ships operating within defined vessel operating areas in the port authority’s jurisdiction to support the safe and efficient movement of trade. From time to time, the port authority makes amendments, in accordance with Section 56 of the Canada Marine Act.
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority proposes to make the following amendments, effective March 1, 2022, to the Port Information Guide at the Port of Vancouver:
- Introduce exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGCS) wash water discharge requirements
- Updated Definitions of Piloted Vessel, Tankers and the addition of “and/or”
- Updated Second Narrows Rail Bridge light procedures
- Introduction of new tug and tow minimum tug bollard guidelines
- Updated TCZ-2 Total Bollard Pull requirements
- Introduction of standardized mooring plans for all Container Terminals
- Refresh the Port Information Guide with general updates that will not affect intent or application
A detailed overview of the proposed amendments is outlined within the full notice of amendment below:
Notice of Amendment: November 2021 – Notice of Amendment to Port Information Guide
Timeline for comments and questions
All comments with respect to these amendments can be made in writing and directed to the attention of marine operations specialist at [email protected] by January 8, 2022.
All comments received will be taken into consideration before the proposed amendments are implemented.
Comments and concerns will be responded to via the consideration report, which will be posted by January 31, 2022.
November 24, 2021 – Notice of amendment posted (97 days’ notice)
November 24, 2021 – January 8, 2022 – Comment period (45 days)
February 11, 2022 – Consideration report addressing questions and comments posted
March 1, 2022 – Amendment takes effect
For more information
For more information on current practices and procedures governing the Port of Vancouver, please visit the Port Information Guide.
Subscribe to our Marine Operations email list to receive notifications of these and future amendments.