Welcome to the Port of Vancouver discovery centre
Learn about Canada’s largest and busiest port in a fun and interactive way.
The Port of Vancouver discovery centre is a great place to learn about the port, and engage in the stories and ideas that have shaped our port city. Located on the waterfront at Canada Place, the discovery centre is free for all visitors.
- early port development
- trade, innovation and shipbuilding
- harbour operations today
- working on the waterfront
- environmental programs
- facts and statistics
For more information about the discovery centre, please contact us.
- interactive touchscreens, featuring animated graphics and informative videos
- historical artifacts and ship models
- west-facing views of Vancouver harbour
- access to the Canada Place promenade
100 The Pointe, 999 Canada Place
Vancouver, British Columbia
The discovery centre is located on the waterfront at Canada Place, below Fly Over Canada, at the north end of the pier.
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Open to the public free of charge, seven days a week.
The discovery centre is also the venue for our school program, designed especially for local students in grades four to six.
Browse the photo gallery below for a virtual tour of the discovery centre.