Western Stevedoring | New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate
On May 25, 2016, a project permit was issued to Western Stevedoring Company Limited to demolish an existing maintenance facility and construct a new facility at the Lynnterm East Gate location at 15 Mountain Highway in the District of North Vancouver on federal lands managed by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
The project was approved subject to 45 permit conditions that Western Stevedoring Company Limited (the Permit Holder) must meet to ensure the project does not result in significant adverse environmental effects.
On April 19, 2018, the project permit was extended until December 31, 2018.
On August 30, 2018, an amendment to the project permit (PP15-099-01) was approved subject to three additional permit conditions. The amendment relates to a change in the Project area (a slight increase to include the curb and trees to the east of the original Project boundary) and scope. The scope includes the removal of seven trees and the installation of a pedestrian turnstile. The additional permit conditions relate only to these components of the works.
Construction is anticipated to begin in late August 2018 and be completed by the end of September 2018.
About the project
Western Stevedoring proposes to demolish their existing terminal maintenance facility and construct a new maintenance facility.
Project activities and components include:
- Demolition of the existing maintenance facility.
- Removal and disposal offsite of all components of the existing maintenance building, forklift shed, fueling station, underground bulk fluids storage tanks and above ground propane tank.
- Repave the area for general cargo handling and storage activities once demolition activities are complete.
New Maintenance Facility – construction of the following:
- One new maintenance building (L 54m x W 25m x H 11.5m) with seven (7) equipment repair bays, a parts room, welding area, bulk fluids storage room, lunch room, two foreman’s offices and washrooms.
- One equipment shed (L 46m x W 7m x H 5.6m).
- One trailer repair canopy (L 25.5m x 13m x H 11m).
- One dispatch building (L 15.85m x W 10.9m x H3.8m).
- 84 new equipment parking stalls.
- 34 new employee parking stalls.
- A new vehicle fueling area with fueling station, including a 50,000 L diesel tank, 5,000 L gasoline tank and 18,000 L propane tank (all tanks will be double walled tanks and located above ground).
- A new pressure washed shelter,
- Tire storage and equipment attachment storage areas.
- New fencing with two new vehicular access gates.
- New site paving and utility connections.
Please note that all dimensions and quantities are approximate.
August, 30, 2018 – Approved Project Permit Amendment (PP 15-099-01): Western Stevedoring New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate [PDF]
April 19, 2018 – Project Permit (PP 15-099) Extension Letter: Western Stevedoring New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate [PDF]
May 25, 2016 – Approved Project Permit (PP 15-099): Western Stevedoring New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate [PDF]
May 25, 2016 – Project Review Report: Western Stevedoring New Maintenance Facility, Lynnterm East Gate [PDF]