Upland Owner | New dock installation – 4737 Strathcona Road
On May 8, 2023 a project permit was issued to the Upland Owners (“the Permit Holder”) to install a new dock in the water lot fronting 4737 Strathcona Road in North Vancouver, British Columbia. The Project is on federal lands and waters managed by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.
The project was approved subject to 36 permit conditions the Permit Holder must meet to ensure the project does not result in significant adverse environmental effects.
About the project
Foreshore Environmental, on behalf of the upland owners of 4737 Strathcona Road, North Vancouver, proposes to install a new dock in the water lot fronting 4737 Strathcona Road, North Vancouver. The project will consist of:
- Remove a derelict wooden structure (i.e., a two to four-wooden pile structure) situated on the proposed dock design alignment
- Install an approximately 18 metre-long by 1.2 metre-wide pier starting at the edge of the upland property and positioned perpendicular to the shoreline. The pier will be supported by:
- A concrete abutment on top of the existing seawall
- A pair of 355 millimetres (mm) diameter steel pipe piles driven on the foreshore at approximately 1.0m chart datum (CD) using a vibratory hammer
- Install an approximately 18 metre-long by 1.2 metre-wide ramp connecting the pier to the float
- Install an approximately 10-meter-long and 3-meter-wide float anchored by two (2) precast concrete lock blocks and two (2) rock pins
Please note, when receiving public feedback as part of the PER process, the port authority may collect your personal information, i.e., your name, contact information and personal views and opinions, to inform the PER process for a proposed project. Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties, such as our tenants, in order for them to respond directly to you or help inform our response. You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner office here.