Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. (FRPD) | Burnco Langley Maintenance Dredging

October 21, 2022

Project status
Permit issued 

On December 8, 2022, a project permit was issued to Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. (FRPD), on behalf of 0704558 B.C. Ltd. (Burnco Rock Products Ltd. Ready Mix), (Applicant) for Burnco Langley Maintenance Dredging in the water lot fronting 20395 102B Avenue, Langley, British Columbia, on federal lands and waters managed by the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority.

The project was approved subject to 37 permit conditions the applicant must meet to ensure the project does not result in significant adverse environmental effects.

About the project
Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. (FRPD), on behalf of 0704558 B.C. Ltd. (Burnco Rock Products Ltd. Ready Mix), will conduct maintenance dredging adjacent to its barge ramp in Langley. The purpose of the project is to dredge and remove accumulated sediment to achieve appropriate vessel clearance at the barge ramp. The scope of works includes dredging a footprint of approximatively 2,950 square meters to a target dredge depth of -5.5 metres local low water. The total dredge volume will be approximately 4,000 cubic metres. Dredging will be completed with a cl a barge-mounted crane and clamshell and will take approximately 4 days. Disposal will either be upland or at an approved disposal at sea site. The area was last dredged in 2020. 

Contact information
For questions regarding the Project and Environmental Review of the proposed project, or to get in touch with our team, please contact us by email or phone at 604.665.9047.

Please note, when receiving public feedback as part of the PER process, the port authority may collect your personal information, i.e., your name, contact information and personal views and opinions, to inform the PER process for a proposed project. Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties, such as our tenants, in order for them to respond directly to you or help inform our response. You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner office here.