Pacific Coast Terminals | Wastewater Treatment Facility Project
On April 24, 2014 the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority issued a project permit (PP 2013-091) to Pacific Coast Terminals (PCT) for the development of a wastewater treatment facility at its existing terminal. Pacific Coast Terminals facilities are under lease with the port authority, and are located in Port Moody. The project permit, including conditions is available below.
About the project
Pacific Coast Terminals’ proposal included construction of a sludge dewatering building, a clarifier tank and associated pipes and pumps.
Specific construction activities included:
- constructing a 15 m diameter x 5.5 m tall clarifier
- constructing a 13 m x 10 m x 5 m single-storey building that will house electrical equipment and sludge handling equipment
- constructing two pump stations. One pump station will have two 25 HP pumps and will pump wastewater from an existing wastewater treatment basin to the clarifier. The other pump station will have two 50 HP pumps and will pump wastewater from the clarifier to two existing wastewater storage tanks for either recycling or disposal to the Metro Vancouver sanitary sewer
- constructing above-ground and underground wastewater piping
- power and instrumentation cabling for the works described above
Also included within the scope of the wastewater project is the relocation of underground pipelines in order to accommodate the proposed canola tanks. (Note: the core work of the canola project is a separate project application). The pipeline relocation work is related to the canola project, but being constructed as a component of the wastewater construction contract due to the nature of the work, and due to the required timing/scheduling of the work (the pipes needed to be relocated prior to construction of the canola tank farm).
April 2014 – Approved project permit (PP 2013-091): Pacific Coast Terminals Wastewater Treatment Facility Project [PDF]
January 2014 – Engagement Summary Report: Pacific Coast Terminals Wastewater Treatment Facility Project [PDF]
January 2014 – Consideration Memo: Pacific Coast Terminals Wastewater Treatment Facility Project [PDF]