Milltown Moorage Company Limited| Milltown Marina Project
On October 12, 2012, the Port of Vancouver issued a project permit (PP 2010-159) to Marina and Boatyard Ltd. and Milltown Moorage Company Ltd for the Milltown Marina project. This development site is located along the north shore of the North Arm of the Fraser River at the foot of Bentley Street in Vancouver. The project permit, including conditions, is available below.
About the Project
This application is for a development of a commercial marina for recreational vessels at Richmond Island. Development of the site consisted of the upland portion referred to as Richmond Island as well as the slough located immediately north of the island.
Specific construction activities included:
- Dredging of approximately 70,000 cubic metres from the slough
- Creation of a habitat island
- Up to 9,000 linear feet of dock space for in-water moorage of 226 recreational vessels
- Upland dry-stack storage for an additional 190 recreational vessels
- A boat gantry crane and ramps connecting to the slough from Richmond Island
- 5,000 square feet of floor space in a Marine Trades building for a boat repair operation
- 9,000 square feet of floor space in a Marine Centre Services building for a café, marine supplies store and caretaker’s residence
- At-grade parking for 228 vehicles
- Pedestrian and cycling pathway along the existing access road connecting Bentley Street to Richmond Island
- Public observation deck at the foot of Bentley Street
- Publically accessible park on southeast corner of Richmond Island
- Installation of water, sanitary and electric services to the site.
- October 2012 – Approved project permit (PP 2010-159): Milltown Marina Project
- August 2011 – Response Summary: Milltown Marina Project
- August 2011 – Consideration Memo: Milltown Marina Project
For questions regarding this project permit, please contact the Planning Department at [email protected].