The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is upgrading the property and roadways near the Lynnterm Terminal. Once construction is complete, Dominion Street will be a new two-lane road designed for truck and vehicle traffic with turning lanes and pedestrian sidewalks on both sides.
This work will support future upgrades to the Lynnterm Terminal. Western Stevedoring will be consolidating the Lynnterm breakbulk facilities onto the property between Lynn Creek and Mountain Highway (see map). This will optimize the terminal without requiring any additional land, except nearby property repurposed for terminal use. Lynnterm will continue to be a consolidation centre for forest products, steel and other breakbulk commodities in the Pacific Northwest. It handles wood pulp and paper, lumber, panel products, steel products, project cargo, and machinery.
Construction start: June 24, 2019
Construction complete: February 2020
Construction will include:
- Changes to Dominion Street between Harbour Avenue and Mountain Highway
- Reconfiguration of existing parking lots and creation of a new parking lot north of Dominion Street
- Construction of new storage facilities on site
- Installation of new lighting around the site
- Relocation of existing utilities and installation of new utilities (i.e. power, water, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, communication lines, and gas)
Hours of work:
Monday to Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Should hours take place outside of regular scheduling, we will provide additional notification.
- Access to Harbourview Park from Mountain Highway will be maintained.
- The existing Dominion Street will be used until construction of the new Dominion Street has been completed.
- Access may be limited to single lane, alternating traffic along Harbour Avenue and Dominion Street for short periods of time.
The realignment of Dominion Street received funding from the Government of Canada – Transport Canada’s National Trade Corridors Fund.