- municipal taxes paid by port tenants in 2018: $7,775,019
- payment in lieu of taxes paid to municipality for vacant port land in 2018: $938,382
- shoreline managed by the port authority: 13 kilometres
Learn more about the port’s economic impact.
The Port of Vancouver Delta Community Office provides an opportunity for the community to meet Vancouver Fraser Port Authority staff and learn about port operations, initiatives and projects, including the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project.
The office is open to the public and hosts a variety of free events such as bus tours and a speaker series, aimed at broadening the public’s understanding of the Port of Vancouver and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. The Speaker Series has included guest speakers who have presented on topics such as the Alaska cruise industry, the role of a Fraser River marine pilot, the Canadian Coast Guard, shore power for container ships, and Canada’s grain exports.
The office also hosts meetings, such as those of the Port Community Liaison Committee.
Join us on The Container Trail to see firsthand how Delta is a gateway to Canada’s trade with the world. From a busy container depot to huge logistics warehouses to Canada’s largest container terminal, you’ll see the sights and sounds of global trade in action. Tour length: 2 hours
All summer 2019 tours are currently sold out!
Please check back for future tours.
Come visit our new office. Meet our staff. Learn about our summer events and passport challenge.
Learn about Vancouver’s thriving cruise industry and the award-winning cruise terminal at Canada Place.
Guest speaker: Carmen Ortega, Manager, Trade Development, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
Join us for this free presentation about the Enhancing Cetacean Habitat and Observation (ECHO) Program.
Guest speaker: Krista Trounce, ECHO program manager, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
Wednesday, July 24 at 4:00 p.m. or 7 p.m.
Hey kids. Touch a sea star, examine a sea urchin and be amazed by the wonders of the marine world through the Vancouver Aquarium’s AquaVan (mobile aquarium).
Wednesday, July 31, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Free. Drop in only. No registration required.
Community office address
Projects of interest
- Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Tsawwassen Eelgrass Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Fraser River Improvement Initiative – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Salt Marsh Restoration, Roberts Bank and Boundary Bay Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Glenrose Tidal Marsh Project – Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Intermodal Yard Reconfiguration Project – Global Container Terminals
- Equipment Replacement and Upgrade Project – Westshore Terminals
- Annacis Island Wastewater Treatment Plant New Outfall System – Metro Vancouver
- Deltaport is the Port of Vancouver’s largest container terminal, located at Roberts Bank in Delta. It handles containerized cargo and some project cargo. Operator: Global Container Terminals.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) auto terminal is one of two automotive terminals located on the Fraser River. It handles BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Subaru. Operator: Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) Vehicle Services Canada Ltd.
- Westshore Terminals is a coal export terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta. Operator: Westshore Terminals Limited Partnership.
- Port Community Liaison Committee in Delta discusses developments, identifies concerns and provides suggestions for port-related issues in Delta. The committee includes representatives from industry, the City of Delta, Tsawwassen First Nation and the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority as well as community members from Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta.
Through our community investment program, we support community events, projects and initiatives throughout the Lower Mainland. We are proud to have contributed to the following in Delta:
- Reach Child and Youth Development Society – Reach for the Stars Gala
- Delta Farmers’ Institute – Fraser River Salinity Monitoring
- City of Delta – Boundary Bay Airshow
- City of Delta – Luminary Festival
- City of Delta – Tour de Delta
- City of Delta – Ladner Pioneer May Days
- City of Delta – North Delta Family Day
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival Committee – Tsawwassen Sun Festival
- Ladner Business Association – Christmas Tree Festival
- Tsawwassen Boundary Bay Lions Club – Canada Day Celebration
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Tsawwassen First Nations Farm school
- Delta Secondary School – Youth Leadership Program