Information update: As a response to COVID-19, the Government of Canada has issued an order to prohibit cruise from operating in Canadian waters until November 1, 2021.
The safety of passengers and guests who visit Canada Place is extremely important to us. We will support and follow the direction of Transport Canada regarding these changes to the 2021 cruise season in Canada. As we actively monitor the Canadian and international response to this extraordinary circumstance, we continue to be in discussions with our cruise line, industry, government, tourism, and destination partners.
For information on changes to your cruise, please contact the cruise line directly.
Which cruise lines offer services out of Vancouver? See the cruise schedule for a full list of cruise lines that sail from Vancouver as well as schedule information.
How do I book a cruise? Please contact your local travel agent or your cruise line of choice directly to plan your cruise vacation. Bon voyage!
Can you recommend a hotel near the cruise terminal? There are many great hotels in the Vancouver area to suit your preferences and budget. Please contact Tourism Vancouver for an overview of accommodations near the Canada Place cruise terminal.
Where can I find information on attractions, shopping and dining in Vancouver? The best resource for visitors to Vancouver is Tourism Vancouver. Visit Tourism Vancouver in person (across the street from Canada Place) or online to discover where to stay, what to do, where to dine and the best way to get around while visiting Vancouver. Tourism Vancouver can also provide information on live theatre, entertainment, festivals, attractions, and activities and can assist you in buying tickets.
Contact Tourism Vancouver for more information, phone 604.683.2000
What documentation do I require to enter Canada? Please see boarding and disembarkation for documentation requirements.
What documentation do I require to enter the U.S.? Please see boarding and disembarkation for documentation requirements.
How do I get from the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to the Canada Place cruise terminal?
- Taxi – A zone fare of $35.00 (CAD) applies to taxi trips from the Vancouver International Airport to Canada Place. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to get to the cruise terminal. Metered rates apply on trips from Canada Place to the Vancouver International Airport.
- Driving/rental car – See maps and directions for driving directions.
- SkyTrain– SkyTrain’s Canada Line provides a direct connection from YVR to downtown Vancouver and is a fast and easy way to get to Vancouver city centre. See transportation for more information.
How do I get from Seattle to the Canada Place cruise terminal? There are a few different transportation options to get you from Seattle to Canada Place cruise terminal including bus, shuttle or train.
How do I get to or from Vancouver Island to the Canada Place cruise terminal?
Can you provide driving directions to the Canada Place cruise terminal?
Yes. Please see maps and directions for driving directions.
What type of transportation services are available to and from the cruise terminal?
Please see transportation for a list of transportation options and more information.
Can I rent a car at the cruise terminal?
Yes. Rental car kiosks are available at the Canada Place cruise terminal. Passengers need to pre-arrange pick-up or drop-off with the rental company in advance. Please see transportation to learn more.
Where can I park my vehicle?
There is both short-term and long-term parking available at the Canada Place cruise terminal. Please see parking to learn more.
Is there a bus depot/train station near the cruise terminal?
Yes. Pacific Central Station is located at Main Street and Terminal Avenue in Vancouver – approximately 10 to 15 minutes from the Canada Place cruise terminal. Contact the train station at 604.640.3764 for more information.
Westcoast Sightseeing provides storage services at Canada Place cruise terminal. For security reasons, short-term baggage storage is available to cruise passengers only. For more information, contact Westcoast sightseeing, phone 1-877-451-1777 or see this brochure.
Can I rent a mobility scooter or wheelchair at the cruise terminal?
Mobility scooter and wheelchair rentals are available from Scootaround. To pre-book a rental, contact Scootaround, phone 1-888-441-7575.
Are there any foreign exchange services at the cruise terminal?
There is not a foreign exchange service at the cruise terminal, however, exchange services can be found throughout downtown Vancouver.
Where can I grab quick meal to eat at the cruise terminal?
There are a variety of restaurants and cafes within close walking distance to Canada Place. There is also a food court in the lower level of Waterfront Centre – adjacent to Canada Place.
Who can I contact if I have lost my baggage?
The ship’s passenger agents, listed below, should be contacted as the cruise terminal does not handle lost baggage. Each cruise line’s passenger agent handles all lost luggage queries.
Is there a Lost and Found office I can contact?
If you have lost an item in and around the cruise terminal, contact the Canada Place security office at 604.684.8525 (April to October). For items lost on the cruise ship, please contact the ship’s passenger agent:
- Carnival Cruise Line – Passenger agent is Destinations North America, phone: 604.641.1221
- Celebrity Cruises – Passenger agent is Intercruises, phone: 604.844.2840
- Compagnie du Ponant – Passenger agent is Norton Lilly International, phone: 604.640.7430
- Crystal Cruises – Passenger agent is Intercruises, phone: 604.844.2840
- Disney Cruise Line – Passenger agent is Intercruises, phone: 604.844.2840
- Holland America Line – Passenger agent is Destinations North America, phone: 604.641.1221
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Passenger agent is SMS, phone: 604.641.1230
- Hapag Lloyd Cruises – Passenger agent is Destination North America (for Europa), phone: 604.641.1221 and Norton Lilly International (for Bremen), phone: 604.640.7430
- Oceania Cruises – Passenger agent is SMS, phone: 604.641.1230
- Princess Cruises – Passenger agent is Destination North America, phone: 604.641.1221
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises – Passenger agent is SMS, phone: 604.641.1230
- Royal Caribbean International – Passenger agent is Intercruises, phone: 604.844.2840
- Seabourn Cruise Line – Passenger agent is Destination North America, phone: 604.641.1221
- Silversea Cruises – Passenger agent is Intercruises, phone: 604.844.2840
Do freighter cruises sail from Vancouver?
Freighter cruises do not sail out of Vancouver.
How do I deliver foods and other packages to the ships?
You must contact the ship’s passenger agent to make those arrangements. Contact information for all of the ships’ passenger agents is listed above.
I am interested in employment or business opportunities with the cruise lines. Who should I contact to get more information?
For employment or business opportunities with cruise lines, please contact the cruise line directly. See cruise schedule for direct links to each of the cruise lines that operate through Vancouver.