We are guided by a vision for a sustainable port
Our mandate is to responsibly facilitate Canada’s trade through the Port of Vancouver, the country’s largest port. Accountable to the federal Minister of Transport, we manage federal lands, water and assets along hundreds of kilometres of shoreline, bordering 16 municipalities and intersecting the asserted and established traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish Peoples. Guided by a vision for a sustainable port, we work for the benefit of all Canadians.
To enable Canada’s trade objectives, ensuring safety, environmental protection and consideration for local communities.
To be the world’s most sustainable port.
Our definition of a sustainable port
A sustainable port delivers economic prosperity through trade, maintains a healthy environment, and enables thriving communities through collective accountability, meaningful dialogue and shared aspirations.
Learn more about our approach to sustainability.
- Collaboration and teamwork: We work together to achieve our greatest potential. We communicate openly and treat each other with trust and respect.
- Customer responsiveness: We strive to understand our customers’ needs and to proactively provide them with distinctive value.
- Innovation: We seek new ideas and creative solutions.
- Leadership and accountability: We lead by example, act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
- Our people: We are committed to continuous learning, diversity and balance.
- Sustainability: We think long term, considering social, environmental and financial matters.