Public consultation period begins today on proposed land use plan amendments
The public is invited to attend a digital public information session or visit our website to learn about proposed amendments to the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority Land Use Plan and provide feedback.
Under the Canada Marine Act, the port authority is required to add all land purchases to its land use plan by way of formal amendment. The amendment process is set out in the Canada Marine Act and requires public notification and consultation.
The public consultation period on the following proposed amendments to the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority Land Use Plan for four sites across the Lower Mainland will take place from June 1 to August 1, 2020.
- The port authority has acquired two sites in the Lower Mainland in the District of North Vancouver and the City of Surrey
- The port authority proposes designating a previously undesignated port authority site in Delta and re-designating a portion of an existing port authority site in Delta
We intend to re-designate these sites from the former municipal land use designation to a Vancouver Fraser Port Authority Land Use Plan designation.
Feedback must be submitted to the port authority by August 1, 2020.
- In person: At our digital public information session on June 17. Register here
- Online: www.portvancouver.com/LandUsePlanAmendments
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone: 604.665.9092