Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders,
With CP and CN rail operations consistently operating between Vancouver and Kamloops, we will be reducing the daily operations updates to three times per week. The updates will continue to include port production metrics for key reporting sectors. Once recovery production volumes stabilize, operations updates will only be sent on an as-needed basis. Please note that our Port Import Rail On-dock Footage summary is updated daily and can be found here.
Port of Vancouver rail production (December 8):
- Grain unloads: 478
- Container terminal rail production (last seven days):
o Dec 8 = 44,800 ft
o Dec 7 = 45,418 ft
o Dec 6 = 39,928 ft
o Dec 5 = 23,670 ft
o Dec 4 = 27,805 ft
o Dec 3 = 20,731 ft
o Dec 2 = 16,100 ft
- Container import on-dock footage: 456,822 ft
Port of Vancouver truck activity (December 8):
- Container truck reservations: 1,393 (excludes Fraser Surrey)
Marine operations: Demand for anchorages continues to exceed capacity. Anchorages are assigned in a manner that ensures fluidity across all ship types and maintains essential services. Vessels in port can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port”.
Port of Vancouver anchorage occupation (December 8):
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (English Bay, inner habour, Indian Arm): 85%
- Southern Gulf Islands: 88%
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary: Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port authority’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port authority’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, and gateway vessel on-time performance through the port authority’s website (Performance Metrics).
- Port operations updates: Operations Updates
- State of Emergency Declaration: State of Emergency Declaration (issued November 17, 2021)
- State of Emergency Extension: State of Emergency Extension (issued November 20, 2021)
- Government of Canada storage project news release: Supply Chain Container Storage Project
Please feel free to forward this update within your organization.
Thank you for your continued support of the Port of Vancouver.