Port of Vancouver operations update
To Port of Vancouver’s valued customers and stakeholders,
The CP and CN Mainline from Kamloops to Vancouver are in service and operating under Ministerial Order 21-06 (MO 21-06). CN and CP have experienced no further operational impacts due to wildfires.
Port of Vancouver container terminals continue to experience high volumes of on-dock container cargo with nearly 400,000 feet of import rail waiting to be loaded out across all container terminals resulting in increased dwell times across all container terminals.
Bulk commodities continue to see consistent and near-normal deliveries by rail.
Anchorage demand continues to increase with capacity nearing 50%. There are currently 6 container vessels at anchor and 6 at berth. Vessels in port (at berth and at anchor) can be viewed on the home page of the PortVan eHub app by selecting “Vessels in Port.”
Fire Danger Ratings across the province are continuing to increase due to a rise in active wildfires. This trend may continue in southern British Columbia for the remainder of the week, although temperatures are expected to be cooler with precipitation forecast for the southern coast and interior by the weekend. The B.C. Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General has extended the provincial state of emergency through the end of the day on August 17, 2021, to support the ongoing coordinated response to the wildfire situation and ensure public safety.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will provide weekly updates every Wednesday or on an-as needed basis.
- Port import rail on-dock footage summary:Import Rail On-dock Footage (updated daily Monday-Friday)
- PortVan eHub app: access real-time insights into Port of Vancouver operations via the port’s mobile app eHub. Download from the port’s website (eHub) or through the App Store (search for “PortVan eHub” or “Port of Vancouver”)
- Port dashboard: view updates on import rail performance, truck terminal turn times, and gateway vessel on-time performance through the port’s website (Performance Metrics).
- Port operations updates: Operations Updates
- Ministerial Order 21-06 (MO 21-06): Ministerial Order MO 21-06 (issued July 11, 2021)
- BC Wildfire Dashboard: BC Wildfire Dashboard
Please feel free to forward this update within your organization.
Thank you for your continued support of the Port of Vancouver.