Port information guide update – Consideration report published
The port authority issued a notice of amendment, dated November 24, 2021, which proposed to make the following amendments, effective March 1, 2022, to the Port Information Guide:
- Introduce exhaust gas cleaning systems (EGCS) wash water discharge requirements
- Updated Definitions of Piloted Vessel, Tankers and the addition of “and/or”
- Updated Second Narrows Rail Bridge light procedures
- Introduction of new tug and tow minimum tug bollard guidelines
- Updated TCZ-2 Total Bollard Pull requirements
- Introduction of standardized mooring plans for all Container Terminals
- Refresh the Port Information Guide with general updates that will not affect intent or application
During the formal comment period from November 24, 2021 – January 8, 2022, all interested parties were invited to provide comments in writing to the marine operations specialist at [email protected].
The port authority reviewed and considered all comments received related to the proposed amendments and has provided responses to comments, questions, and concerns through the consideration report:
- Consideration report: February 2022 – Consideration Report
For more information
For more information on current practices and procedures governing the Port of Vancouver, please visit the Port Information Guide.
Subscribe to our Marine Operations email list to receive notifications of these and future amendments.