Notice of amendment: Port Information Guide
Please be advised that the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority has issued a notice of amendment, dated April 14, 2020, to inform members of the public, industry and other stakeholders of proposed updates to our Port Information Guide.
Our Port Information Guide outlines practices and procedures applicable to all ships operating within defined vessel operating areas in the port authority’s jurisdiction to support the safe and efficient movement of trade. From time-to-time the port authority makes amendments, in accordance with Section 56 of the Canada Marine Act.
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority proposes to make the following amendments to the Port Information Guide to further promote safety within the Port of Vancouver:
- Update the definition of “daytime hours” with respect to personal watercraft
- Formalize emergency towing line requirements in the event of a fire or other emergency
- Standardize the Burrard Inlet and Roberts Bank Berth survey requirements and process
- Update language regarding vessels discharge, specific to incinerators within the port authority’s jurisdiction
- Introduce new registration and annual accreditation requirements for bunker suppliers operating in the Port of Vancouver
- Amend the bunkering practices and procedures to allow for bunkering ships less than 275 metres in length, in the English Bay anchorage area
The proposed amendments are listed in the below table, in chronological order as they appear in the Port Information Guide. The table is organized to include the relevant section, the current language in the Port Information Guide (if applicable), and the proposed new or revised language.
The amendments will be published in the Port Information Guide following a 30-day notification and comment period. All comments received will be taken into consideration before the proposed amendments are implemented.
All comments with respect to these amendments can be made in writing and directed to the attention of Marine Operations Specialist [email protected] by May 15, 2020.
Subscribe to our Marine operations email list to receive notifications of these and future amendments.